Holiday music that rocks, rolls, swings, and twangs
Electric Christmas by MARTIN CILIA – who bills himself as “Australia’s Premier Surf Rock Guitarist” and combines the fire of Dick Dale with the technical precision of Joe Satriani. Cilia’s no youngster – he’s been playing since the 70’s and is best known for his tenure in the Atlantics, who recorded the Aussie surf classic “Bombora” (1963) before Cilia joined the band. But, Electric Christmas will appeal to youngsters – or at least young at heart – and it stands up pretty well to classics by the Ventures and aforementioned Straitjackets. Get it at Double Crown Records, along with other holiday, surf, and garage goodies.
TOP TENS FOR 2015
- India Arie & Joe Sample, Christmas With Friends
- Count Basie Orchestra, A Very Swingin’ Basie Christmas!
- Martin Cilia, Electric Christmas
- Charlie Hunter & Bobby Previte, We Two Kings
- Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, It’s A Holiday Soul Party
- Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, The Quality Holiday Revue Live
- Cassie Ramone, Christmas In Reno
- Brian Setzer Orchestra, Rockin’ Rudolph
- Patty Smyth, Come On December
- various artists, Indie For The Holidays